Thursday, March 7, 2013

Book Fair and Nine Week Assessments- not a good combination!

   Don't you just love it when the Book Fair is going on while you're trying to give Nine Week Assessments???  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE TO BUY BOOKS! Unfortunately, trying to keep kids from playing with their money and the"junk" they bought- I'm sorry, I call as I see it. Light up pacifiers are not appropriate for Second Grade!-ANYWAY, it's very distracting. If I see one more kid sucking on a pacifier I'm gonna lose it! Besides the fact that it grosses me out, I'm WAY too ADD to be able to concentrate around them. Even though the kids have been told to put them in their backpacks, THEY are too ADD to leave them there. They just HAVE TO pull them out! I know, ......it could be worse.
   My daughter is taking eight seventh and eighth grade girls to New Orleans for a dance competition tomorrow. I hope she remembers to take her migraine meds with her! Since it's a long drive, the girls are taking a train (fun!) I'm crossing my fingers that everything goes well and the dance team places in the competition. CCMS Cougar Paws Rock!
   Well, I've got grades to put in the computer, shopping to do at the Book Fair, and a Hispanic Parent Night meeting to go to, so........... I'd better stop.  It's a beautiful day in Alabama. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment